Student visa is probably one of the most commonly known nonimmigrant visa type among all others and there are actually a few other visa types that are also used from by people coming over to the United States for study or training purposes, such as B-1, H-3, J-1, and M-1 visas, etc.

"F" visa is designed for international students coming over to the United States to pursue academic educations, even though it often used for a non-degreed and short course of language training known as "English as a second language" (ESL) programs, too, which often leads to continued studies in an actual degree oriented academic programs.

There are two types of sub-categories under this "F" visa classification:

F-1 for students

F-2 for spouse or child(ren) of the F-1

If you have any questions regarding F-1/2, please provide us as much information as possible. If you currently have a pending case with a receipt number please also provide it.  If you have a challenge from the USCIS either in form of a "Request for Evidence" (RFE) or "Intent to Deny" (ITD) or "Intent to Revoke" (ITR), please provide us either a copy of that challenge through email or fax (972-994-0088) so that we have a better understanding of the problems at issue.

You can email your inquiry to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. via fax to: 972-994-0088, and one of our experienced immigration attorneys will respond to your inquiries personally and promptly, usually within 24 hours, if not sooner.  Thank you.

Yu, South & Associates, Where YOU Matter the Most.