Form I-765 is primarily used to apply for "Employment Authorization Document" (EAD) or "work permit," although it may be required even if you are not applying for a "work permit" such as in the application requirement by USCIS for the "Temporary Protective Status" (TPS) situation.  

Because the form can be submitted for for "EAD" or "work permit" based on a variety of grounds including asylum based or adjustment of status (I-485) pending or "optional practical training" for F-1 students, etc., it is important that you clarify the nature of your case.

If you have a pending case with a receipt number please also provide it.  If you have a challenge from the USCIS either in form of a "Request for Evidence" (RFE) or "Intent to Deny" (ITD) or "Intent to Revoke" (ITR), please provide us either a copy of that challenge through email or fax (972-994-0088) so that we have a better understanding of the problems at issue.

You can email your inquiry to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or via fax to: 972-994-0088, and one of our designated staff members from the I-765 processing unit will get back to you personally within 24 hours, if not sooner.  Thank you.